All women have to go through a big dilemma during this time of the year. Apart from the gifts that they have to buy for friends and family, they also have to choose the perfect dress for Christmas and New Year’s. All we want is a beautiful look with zero effort while still being comfortable. I’m here to help you choose the best dress!
The countdown has officially started. Christmas and New Year’s Eve parties are the ones where you meet a lot of new people, and this is why we must look our best. Having a rough time with your outfit? Here is some useful advice!
- Choose your dress according to the place where the festivities will take place. Going to a Christmas party in a restaurant wearing a Christmas sweater is certainly not adequate. Neither is wearing a long dress at a house party with friends.
- Try choosing a simple dress and combine it with elegant accessories which will be able to transform a common look into a special one.
- High heels aren’t always the best idea: you might get tired of them after a short time and won’t be able to fully enjoy the party.
- Remember to always wear a coat or jacket that goes with your dress.
- Make sure that your make-up, manicure and hair go well together and have the same colors of your dress; in this way your look will be homogenous.
For the Christmas Party
Although we all know we would love to spend the whole day in our pajamas, nothing fits better than a classic nude or black dress at a Christmas party. The best thing to do is to complete the whole Christmas look with bright accessories.
My advice is to avoid a red or green dress: the Christmas tree is already green and all the decorations of the house are probably red. If you prefer something more comfortable and not too tight, I suggest you to wear a flounce skirt, combined with a shirt and a necklace with Christmas colors.
For the New Year’s Eve Party
New Year is probably a great excuse for wearing sparkling and extravagant clothes that we know will catch everyone’s attention. There are no limits for the new year! A sophisticated cocktail dress could be perfect for the night. Short or long, backless or low-cut in the front, it’s really up to you! On the shoulders, you can wear an elegant short fur jacket.
Are you tired of the old Little Black Dress? Go for something a little more daring, like a Little Black Jumpsuit. Have fun and try wearing something dazzling, like metallic shoes or a nice pair of bright earrings. Also, sequined or velvet dresses are perfect for the last party of the year!